Dirty Chai Latte Recipe, the Best of Both Worlds
Are you always on the lookout for new coffee recipes? It’s great to have the go-to faves that you can whip up at a moment’s notice, but trying new recipes can help you discover something new to add to your repertoire. One of those recipes that you may want to include in the rotation is our Dirty Chai Latte!
It’s super easy to make and only consists of primarily three ingredients. A dirty chai latte typically has a shot of espresso, steamed milk, and chai. The term “Dirty” refers to the shot of espresso, which brings a dark rich brown color to the drink. Chai originated in India and the word itself means tea in Hindi. It’s made by boiling black tea brewed with spices (such as cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves) with milk and sweetener.
Chai lattes have gained popularity over the years, and chai can provide some great benefits:
- Chai is rich in antioxidants
- It boosts energy and alertness
- The blend of spices can help reduce nausea or inflammation
Why Coffee and Tea Make a Great Combo!
If you’re a coffee and tea fan, then this recipe is a must-try! It’s a combination of espresso and chai, which results in a super flavorful afternoon pick-me-up. Enjoy it hot or cold, and chai is a tea that is lower on the caffeine spectrum, so you’re less likely to experience the jitters if you drink it later in the day.
You can brew chai yourself with fresh ingredients, or purchase tea bags or loose tea that already have the right proportion of black tea and spices ready for brewing.
Another option is to buy chai concentrate, which eliminates the brewing step - just make sure the ingredients are of high quality. Since it’s a concentrate, you won’t need to use as much to create this latte. Be sure to read the usage instructions on the package. Also, refer to the ingredient list to avoid any unwanted additives or unnatural flavors.
How to Make Your Own Dirty Chai Latte at Home
- 2 tbsp brewed chai
- 1 oz shot of Organica Espresso
- Milk of your choice
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional) - 1 pinch of cinnamon
Buy Organica Espresso Now!
- Take your favorite mug and add brewed chai.
- Add a shot of Organica Espresso.
- Add vanilla extract or sweetener of your choice (optional).
- With a teaspoon, give it a quick stir.
- Heat your milk of choice and then use a handheld milk frother to create foam.
- Pour the milk into the mug and spoon in the foam.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon - Enjoy!
- For a stronger kick – add a double shot of espresso!
- For a sweeter taste – you can add vanilla extract or your go-to sweetener
Browse More Recipes
If you liked this recipe, check out some other recipes to try!
Hope you enjoy putting together this latte! We can’t wait for you to try it! Go ahead and tag us in any creations you make with the hashtag, #zavidacoffeeroasters.
Save or Pin the Recipe Card Below!
Save this recipe card to use later, or add it to your recipe board on Pinterest! You can also browse other recipes, coffee tips, and tricks, and learn something new by visiting our blog.