Canadian Maple Cafe con Leche Recipe
It goes without saying that maple syrup is a delicious Canadian must-have ingredient! A drizzle of maple syrup gives pretty much everything a boost: a stack of pancakes, waffles, a bowl of porridge, and yes, you’ve guessed it…a hot cup of coffee!
Why Add Maple Syrup to Coffee?
Café con leche is a strong, creamy coffee beverage that sets you up nicely for the day ahead.
At Zavida, we decided to take this iconic beauty and put our own maple spin on it, and we’ve come up with a tasty café con leche for everyone to enjoy using our Canadian Maple Coffee. A Canadian delicacy, maple syrup has an exuberant, rich, bittersweet flavor. When paired with coffee, it’s a match made in heaven in our eyes!
Follow our easy step-by-step recipe below.
How to Make a Canadian Maple Cafe con Leche
- 1/2 cup Canadian Maple Coffee
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Use a moka pot to brew your coffee, or alternatively, use a French press and double brew your Canadian Maple Coffee.
You will double up on the coffee by using 2-3 tbsp of ground coffee for every 6oz of water. Brewing in a moka pot or double brewing in a French press will replicate a strong Spanish coffee.
- Add the freshly brewed Canadian Maple coffee to your favorite mug
- Add the maple syrup to the coffee and stir
- Heat the milk and froth with a hand-held milk frother to create foam
- Pour the milk and foam into the coffee, filling the mug up to the rim
- This recipe is based on the Spanish café con leche, which is made with a 1:1 ratio of coffee to steamed milk.
- Feel free to substitute whole milk for almond milk to create a delicious vegan beverage.
Save or Pin the Recipe Card Below
Save this recipe card to use later, or add it to your recipe board on Pinterest! You can also browse other recipes, coffee tips, and tricks, and learn something new by visiting our blog.