Bavarian Chocolate Coffee Banana Muffins Recipe
Yum! Chocolate Banana Muffins are classic, but we've given them a twist by including Zavida's delicious Bavarian Chocolate Coffee for a nice change. The result are these delicious, moist muffins that deliver special occasion flavor that everyone will enjoy.
Make sure you stock up on the following ingredients so that when you are ready to bake, nothing will hold you back!
- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) flour with wheat bran
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) skim milk powder
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) bananas, mashed (reserve 6 thin banana slices for topping)
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) double strength brewed Zavida Bavarian Chocolate Coffee, cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
Now let's have some fun and get to work!
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Grease or paper line 6 large muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, skim milk powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, Zavida's Bavarian Chocolate coffee, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla.
- . Pour over dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and top each with a banana slice.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.
- Makes 6 large muffins.