Peppermint Chocolate Coffee Recipe
Mint and chocolate are the ultimate pairings. The cool clean taste of mint goes heavenly well with the creamy, richness of the chocolate. Therefore, at Zavida, we’ve come up with a delicious peppermint chocolate coffee that’ll brighten up your holidays this year. It’s like drinking a sweet, decadent dessert in a mug! Discover how to make it below!
Try Adding Candy Canes to Your Coffee!
A conundrum we face every year: what to do with all the candy canes? Kids simply adore them, and there are always many hanging around - literally! But how can we enjoy them in an adult fashion? We’ve created a grown-up way to use them and get a caffeine kick at the same time!
A seasonal coffee flavor that we bring back during the holidays, our Mint Chocolate Coffee is like a rich, creamy chocolate mint treat in a mug. We go a step further and make a decadent drink that will impress your guests this year. Our Festive Peppermint Chocolate Coffee recipe is the ultimate holiday treat!
How to Make a Festive Peppermint Chocolate Coffee at Home
- 3/4 cup Zavida’s Mint Chocolate Coffee
- 1/4 cup warm milk or milk alternative
- 1/2 cup of whipped cream (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp milk chocolate syrup (plus additional for drizzling on top)
- A candy cane or striped peppermint candy (crushed into small pieces)
- Grated milk chocolate (quantity to taste)
- Brew Zavida’s Mint Chocolate Coffee. Keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp of milk chocolate syrup to a coffee cup, then fill it with 3/4 cup of brewed Mint Chocolate Coffee. Add 1/4 cup of warm milk or milk alternative. Stir together.
- Add 1/2 cup of whipped cream (or more to taste). Drizzle milk chocolate syrup on top.
- Sprinkle a crushed candy cane or peppermint candy and grated milk chocolate on top.
- Sit back and enjoy your creation!
This recipe will take you 15 minutes max to make! You don’t need to be a professional barista to make a coffee shop-quality coffee these days. Stay cozy indoors in your PJs and enjoy our delicious Peppermint Chocolate Coffee recipe at home!
Alternative recipes to our Festive Peppermint Chocolate Coffee
If you’ve perfected our festive Peppermint Chocolate Coffee and want to change it up a bit, we’ve listed some delicious alternatives below! They generally follow the same method but swap out certain ingredients.
White Chocolate Peppermint Coffee
Milk chocolate tends to get all the attention in the barista world, but its lighter, sweeter counterpart is just as, if not tastier! White chocolate will undoubtedly enhance the sweetness and smoothness of your drink! What’s more, its white coloring is ideal for the winter months, creating a snow-like appearance. To produce a white choc version of the above beverage, simply keep to the original steps but change the following ingredients:
- Milk chocolate syrup -> white chocolate syrup
- Grated milk chocolate -> grated white chocolate
- You can also drop in a touch of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor and place marshmallows on top for additional wintery vibes
Iced Peppermint Mocha
Ice ice baby! Iced Peppermint Mocha is a great alternative for those of you looking for a cool, refreshing yet tasty drink this holiday season! On top of that, after sipping on this icy festive delight, your breath will stay Colgate fresh for a long while afterward! What’s not to like during the season of cheeky mistletoe encounters and joyful caroling?
To make an Iced Peppermint Mocha, follow the original recipe but pour your creation over a cup of ice as opposed to an empty coffee mug, and give it a good stir before adding the whipped cream and other decorative elements.
Save or Pin the Recipe Card Below!
For more delicious recipes and ideas, visit our blog! We’d love to see your creations as well, so make sure to post your creations online and tag us using our hashtag #zavidacoffeeroasters